LAST UAOC PUB NIGHT OF THIS SCHOOL YEAR!
Wednesday April 2nd 2014, 08:34 PM
Well folks, here we are. We've had a glorious school year filled with activities and bonding in the great Canadian outdoors. Come on out for one last pub night to hang out with all of the awesome people that you've met so far, it's sure to be a blasty blast.
This pub night should be good'er, so it's going to be held at Tavern on Whyte (10507-82 Ave) at 8:00PM on Friday, April 11th. We will all hang out outside on their back patio, so even though there's a fireplace and heaters, layer up!
Can't wait to see all of your pretty faces.
- Michelle Scott, Social Coordinator/Trip Leader
Pub Night Friday March 7
Monday March 3rd 2014, 01:35 PM
Hello all you beautiful outdoor people.
So it's that time again for us outdoorsy folks to all gather together and mingle! Save some room in your schedules for a fun night at the RATT with all of your favourite people.
We'll be there at around 7PM this Friday, March 7th and remember that new friends are always welcome!
See y'all there!
- Brett Bowerman, Vice President/Trip Director
California New Year's
Sunday December 8th 2013, 11:15 AM
Hi Lovely Folks!
The California New Year's trip is coming up soon!
* New Years Eve on the beach
* Two days of surfing in the Pacific
* Hiking in the beautiful Anza Borrego desert
options to backpacking trip are open
* Camping in the most sweetest areas
Now, I know this is what you're going to ask:
* AWESOME! What does it cost?
$575, this includes bus transportation, camping and all your camping fuel. You'd just have to budged for food (and if interested, surfing lessons and rentals are optional for $100)
* Did you just say bus transportation? To California!?!?
Yes, and according to some this is even the best part of the trip. You'll get a good 36 hours to socialize with your newest friends.
And we'll stop in Las Vegas for some interesting stretching..
* I don't have all/any camping gear, what do I do?
No problem, as a member, you get free rentals. Just drop by our office and pick up your sleeping bag, mat, tent and cookware, and you're set!
* Don't you know it's Christmas?
We are leaving Edmonton on Boxing Day (Dec26) 7pm. So don't worry; you won't miss your Christmas dinners / presents. We'll be back the evening before school starts again (Jan05)
* Sweet! I don't want to miss this! / I want to know more!
Welcome on board! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
~The UAOC Exec
Running Group Update
Sunday November 3rd 2013, 08:36 AM
The running group will continue to go out weekly provided its not blizzarding or ridiculously cold. We will make that call an hour before the scheduled run and will post it to the Facebook event page if we do decide to cancel. Our next run will be on Thursday as usual at the regular time.
Bring your mitts and toque!
Running Group Update
Monday October 28th 2013, 02:43 PM
A quick update on the running group. We're going to move the runs back to Thursday (October 31st) but will still meet at 6:00pm. We will likely run on lit trails for the majority of the time, but please bring a headlamp as it will still be dark. As usual we will have a couple of distance options.
Also, if anyone is interested, there is a group of us running stairs on Tuesday (October 29th) at 6:00pm. We'll meet at the same place as usual (Van Vliet entrance).
Week's Events: Running Group & Fire Night III
Sunday October 20th 2013, 10:42 PM
We have two events planned for this week:
1. The running group will be going out this Tuesday (October 22nd) at 6:00pm. We will be splitting the group up into 2 or maybe 3 this time. Check out the running group event on Facebook for more details.
2. Fire Night III will happen this Thursday (October 24th) starting at 6:00pm in Emily Murphy Park (furthest west fire pit by the Groat Road bridge). Bring a coat, headlamp or flashlight, roasting sticks if you have them and snacks for around the fire.
Let us know with an email or Facebook message if you have any questions!